- The Current £1 coin has been in circulation for over 30 years and this has led to the coin being easily counterfeited
- For a period of time the new and old £1 coin will both be in circulation this period will be from March 2017 to September 2017
- The only coin that will be produced in 2017 will be the new £1 coin
- Once the new £1 coin is introduced the old coin will begin to be withdrawn from circulation
- Following the six month co-circulation period, the current £1 coin will no longer be legal tender
The introduction of the new £1 coin means current coin locks will become obsolete, so all leisure centres will need to replace exisiting coin operated locks
Abloy has a range of cost effective solutions that can be easily installed in your current lockers. With two styles of coin lock, the Classic and E-lite have been designed to accept both the current and the new £1 coin.
Conversion kits for the Classic Coin Lock are available so you can easily upgrade your existing Abloy Locks.
We also offer alternative locks that eliminate the need for coins and tokens. The Mifare RFID and the ASSA Coded 1.2 Digital Cabinet Lock are the future of locker locks, with sleek and stylish design they are ideal for leisure centres and are very popular in Spas.
With the introduction of the new £1 coin this is the right time to be upgrading your locks and whether you want to stay with traditional coin lock or if you want to move away from the coin operated locks we have the solution for you.
To request a call back or to find out more about how the locks can benefit you, please click below